Terms Of Business
1. Introduction: Booking contract s are made between the Client and the Agent. The Agent is acting as an employment agency in issuing contracts and shall not be held responsible for any breach of this contract howsoever caused.
All terms used in Entertainment Booking Forms shall apply in these terms and conditions.
Once the booking(s) are confirmed the Artist and Client are bound by their contract with each other and by these terms of business. The Agent will store the Contract (copies available on request) and will continue to act as the Agent between Client and Artist for all further bookings. The client & Artist agree that all bookings will be via Begin The Party exclusively.
Booking contracts are active from date of issue for 12 months minimum.
2. Bookings & Contracts: When a booking has been arranged by the Agent, and accepted by the Artist and Client, a contract then exists between the Artist and Client. All bookings are confirmed upon verbal, electronic or written acceptance of booking approval, by both the Client and the Artist.
3. Payment: Agreed costs for live music are confirmed between both Client & Agent.
Invoices shall be paid by the client within 14 days of receipt. Begin The Party are responsible for paying all Artists directly.
4. Cancellation by the Client: All cancellations made by the Client must be made in writing to the Agent and will be subject to the following terms. Only in the case of a Force Majeure Event will the Client have the right to terminate this contract - providing the Client informs the Agent within 48 hours of becoming aware of the Force Majeure Event. After the Client has informed the Agent, the Agent shall inform the Artist as soon as reasonably practicable. If the Client cancels any bookings (1-10 dates are more) a 50% cancellation fee is due for the entire confirmed total dates.
9. Equipment: All Musicians to provide full PA/Backline equipment unless otherwise specified.
10. Volume & sound limiters: The Client can reasonably request the Artist to adjust the volume and sound-level of their equipment to meet the needs of the Client and the Venue. If the Client or Venue requests the Artist to adjust the volume or sound-level of their equipment, then the Artist cannot be responsible for the quality of the Artists performance.
13. Force Majeure: In the case of a "Force Majeure" event where either Client or Artist, for a reason outside of their control, are not able to fulfil this contract (e.g. war, fire, death, epidemic, accident, civil commotion, national calamity, act of God) which are not attributable to any act or failure to take preventative action by the Client or the Artist, then the Client or Artist may cancel this booking without penalty.
15. General: The Client and Artist agree that this contract is governed by English law. In accordance with the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, the Client and Artist agree that the Agent can enforce the terms of this contract, and no other person who is not party to this contract can enforce its terms. The Contract represents the entire agreement of the parties. All other understandings and agreements are excluded. In no circumstances will the Agent be liable to the Client for expenses, wasted expenditure, loss of profit or damage to goodwill whether direct or indirect. These terms and conditions are integral with the contract details.
16. Public Relations: The Artist and the Client agree that you will refrain from making and adverse, negative or derogatory comments relating to any engagement negotiated by us (however minor), in any form, including postings on social networking sites prior to, during or following any engagement negotiated by us. Failure to comply may lead to cancellation of future engagements and/or legal proceedings by slandered or libeled parties.
17. Artists: The Artist agrees to provide a professional performance, to behave professionally at all times and to be friendly and polite to all people at the Clients event. If any person at the Client's event subjects the Artist to any form of aggressive or abusive behavior, the Artist can terminate their performance immediately with no penalty and the Client will be considered to have cancelled the contract.
The Artist agrees to check, prepare and provide all of their own equipment that is required for their performance, to check any additional equipment that is being provided by the Client or third party, and to notify the Client and Agent of any concerns or issues that may affect the performance of the Artist. The Client agrees to check, prepare and provide all additional equipment that is required for the Artists performance, to check any equipment that is being provided by the Artist or third party, and to notify the Artist and Agent of any concerns or issues that may affect the performance of the Artist. The Artist agrees to ensure the good working order of their own equipment, and to have any insurance that may be required (e.g. Public Liability Insurance of £1m) and any equipment safety documents (PAT testing certificates). All parties accept that the Agent does not employ the Artist, and that the Artist is self-employed and that the Artist is responsible for their own VAT, tax & NIC.